Monday, June 13, 2016

1,700 miles for the year

I'm over 1,700 miles for the year. I did 81 miles Saturday and 81 miles again on Sunday. There are two training mileposts for the Seattle to Portland that I think are essential. The first is doing two 80 milers back to back. Done! It took three tries. The first week I didn't feel well and stopped at 40 miles. Last week I did the first 80 but at too fast a pace and was wiped out the next day. The third time was just right. Dialed down the pace a little and finished the last lap as fast as the first. Next week has fewer miles and then the following week has a hundred mile ride. Once that is done I will be ready. That will be followed by a couple of weeks of winding down the miles. 32 days and 15 hours until the STP.


This may be the last long ride for my fixed gear Schwinn. The 16 speed Schwinn is almost done and I should be riding the 100 miler on that. The seat, seatpost, pedals, and front rack will go on the "new" Schwinn.

Above the green you can see driftwood piled up. Puget Sound is on the other side. The mountains are the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment